I have a 3-year Bachelor in Anglo-American History and Literature.
Tech journalist Aug 2008 - Nov 2016
Latest articles (FR)
- Writing articles, publishing media content
- Researching information, conducting interviews
- Attending press conferences, reporting news
- Testing several kinds of products (software, hardware, web services).
Tech writer & translator 2006 - 2008
- Web magazines : VNUnet.fr (ITExpresso), MobiFrance.com (Sojeng), iPhonetik (Sojeng), Live.fr (TigerSun), Zebulon.fr
- Paper magazines: SVM Mac, SVM iPod, A Vos Mac, OpenSource Magazine
- Translations : Techcrunch France, Tom's Hardware Guide.
Classroom & dormroom assistant 2003 - 2006
I first considered pursuing a career in Education. I wanted to get familiar with the challenges by working as a classroom & dormroom assistant in high school and middle school.
French Teacher in the USA 2001 - 2002
- Preparing work materials for six teachers
- Teaching French to Beginners or intermediate and advanced users (9yo to 50yo)
- Preparing courses and written and oral exams. Correcting tests
- Managing a group of people (Children or adults)
- Speaking at internationl socio-cultural conferences
Web Development Since 2004
- Developing responsive graphical user interfaces for different types of CMS : Wordpress, Movable Type, Tumblr.
- Worked with various small companies based in the UK, France, Belgium or Austria
Community management Since 2005
I have created and manage the official Yahoo! Mail Group. This place gathers more than 5000 members who discuss the web service. Users have debates on the new features implemented by Yahoo, ask their questions and share their knowledge. A few dozens of Sunnyvale employees take part in this forum on a regular basis, collect user feedbacks and usually offer members to test new beta features.
Certified Microsoft MVP 2004 - 2005
- Awarded as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for my involvment in several testing programs led by Microsoft as well as for the benevolent customer support.
- Testing several kinds of products : hardware, software, web services
- Offering benevolent support for the MSN Explorer/Premium client in user communities